Saturday, March 21, 2015

Old People

Lately, I have encountered some rather odd  old people. Two of them being my parents....
Just kidding! I'm talkin' older like think 60 - 70. Anyways I was eating lunch at this sub shop near my school. I bit into my toasted sourdough bagel with toasted cheddar and tomatoes, and as my taste buds were starting to get excited this elderly man throws something into the trash bin next to my table.
"Hi," he said. I didn't know he was talking to me at first, so with a mouth full of food I quickly glanced over at him to see if he was talking to me. I was trying to be polite so I gulped down the food and smiled, as anyone would do if they had to just force delicious food down their throat to be polite. He walked closer to me, and maybe it was just me but he seemed to be leaning over me. He said:
"Yeah, you keep smiling. It won't make you feel any better, but it'll make people wonder what you're up to. Isn't that what you want? Isn't that you want?!".
The creepy nonsense that just exploded out of his mouth kind of amused me and scared me at the same time so I just put a slightly stunned/confused face on and nodded my head. I heard him singing later on. And I mean I have no problem with people singing. I love to sing, but we were in a shop, and he was singing rather loudly. Which also I have no problem with but you wouldn't see most people doing that. That same lunch, and elderly lady threw something in the trash across the room. She looked at me, asked what I was drinking,
(Let me add that I was still eating) chuckled, and walked away.
What is that? 
Then just last Thursday, I was teaching a little kids ballet class at my studio with one of the artistic directors. He can't get enough of these adorable little chubby cheeked 4 year olds. SO. He basically takes over half the class and plays silly games with them. So we played charades like usual, and then he asked me to act. And as all the other little kids did, I walked up to him, and he had to whisper in my ear what I had to act out. 
"Pretend you have to break up, with your best friend's boyfriend".
I just started laughing. I knew this old man was just pulling my leg.
"What?!". I couldn't hold back my laughing though. (I've known him since I was nine) then he says:
"Oh sorry maybe not that one. Either that or... Skateboarding".
And so then I proceeded to suck at acting out skateboarding.

I think that it's really funny that at a certain age, people just stop caring. I think they think they're hilarious, and so they do whatever they can, even at the cost of looking ridiculous, to make you smile. Which is what you might know from my last blog post, I like to do too. So rock on old people.
Thanks for keeping us on our toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment